Production Development Support Engineer
Aventura. We’re a rowdy family of technology buffs hell-bent on solving an enormous problem in hospitals: clinical computing isn’t working for clinicians. Doctors and nurses are going nuts because their key software is slow as molasses and can’t even follow them around. What they need is what we’ve got–a totally new architecture based on one idea: technology should work for people, not the other way around. We have an awesome leader, a team that’s burning it at both ends for stuff they really believe in, and insanely happy customers. Only one problem: you’re not here.
What we’re looking for:
This isn’t your father’s day job. For starters, we want personality. We want innovative thinking. We want personality. We want people who make it their business to bring some life to the party. Oh, and a superhero’s mix of humor, creative thinking, passion, tech savvy, and actually caring about making a difference in the lives of people. Position Purpose: The Production Development Support Engineer is responsible for fixing high priority issues discovered by customers and developing automated testing for all production products. This position will be held accountable for resolving escalated customer issues and documenting and unit testing elements of the code designated by the core development team. This position is based in the Denver area. Position Description:
- Resolve tickets escalated by the customer support team
- Resolve and document or escalate all customer issues that come in from customer support team
- Ensure components of the Aventura solution meet defined feature, function and reliability requirements of customers, product owners and integration partners.
- Work closely with development teams, customers and partners to diagnose and repair components of the Aventura software solution using sound diagnostic techniques and tools.
- Participate in research of new technology and development tools/methodologies to maximize the efficiency of delivering Aventura software solutions.
- Experience with agile development
- Database proficiency (MySQL) is a strong plus
Experience and Education:
- BS college degree (or equivalent experience) in a technical field (EE or Computer Science).
- 2+ years software development experience
- A passion for customers and a strong desire / interest to tackle a variety of challenging technical issues in a ground-breaking virtual desktop solution
- Calm under pressure and able to maintain a good strategic sense.
- High degree of integrity and honesty.
- Executes efficiently and is adaptable to a fast changing environment.
- Treats people with respect, is confident and decisive.
- Energetic and well organized. Pays attention to detail. Strong work ethic.
- Listens well and is a good communicator.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to prioritize their work and that of others, as well as multi-task.
- Demonstrate proactive leadership in collection of information and work cross functionally to resolve broader scale issues.
- May require some after hours on-call support
- Realistic, while not quite European, vacation
- Sick and Holiday time
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Choice of RTD bus pass or discounted garage parking
- A great environment that promotes casual dress, a flexible work schedule, and the occasional work-from-home option
If you’d like to use your powers for good, send an email with:
- Your resume
- The position you want
- A letter telling us more than you’re looking for a job. 40+ hours is a lot of time to spend with someone, so give us an idea of what we’re getting ourselves into. Yes, tell us about your experience (including income history), but please also tell us a little about who you really are.